We very rarely have positions open up on a permanent basis and these positions are usually filled by ex-staff or previous volunteers/participants from recommendations by current staff members. Please see below for all of our current openings for full time staff positions.
Fundraising and International Recruitment Coordinator
Operation Wallacea is about to enter its 30th year running overseas research expeditions. We have become a diverse organisation running ecological training courses and online learning in addition to our large scale biodiversity research expeditions.
We are looking to recruit a staff member with a strong communication skillset who wants to grow and develop into the role and bring a love of research, fieldwork and conservation to our many participants. The candidate will ideally have a background or interest in environmental sciences and/or conservation and will have the ability to be able to develop a career in one or more of these aspects of the company’s activities.
This is a growth role and whilst we are looking for key skills to build upon, support and training will be given. There will be the opportunities to work on overseas expeditions during the summer. This is an excellent position for a bright applicant to be able to develop a career and gain experience in a wide range of areas: Leadership development, communication skills and networking opportunities. The position allows you to contribute directly to environment conservation and support relationships with those who share a passion for the environment and its protection. It is a meaningful role that enables a positive impact on the planet.
The position will be at our offices based in Old Bolingbroke, Lincolnshire. This is a full-time position, 9 – 5.30pm. We currently work 3 days a week from home and 2 days a week in Lincolnshire.
With duties including:
- Delivering presentations to potential participants, parents and school staff about the research expeditions
- Managing working with departments of universities and maintaining great relationships with them
- Responsible for fundraising support including mentoring applications, delivering information and maintaining help with Turing Scheme partners
- Proficiency using Google Drive/Sheets/Docs
- Working with international schools in Europe and Asia to support them in joining the research exeditions
- Managing key contacts and group booking details
- Answering telephones
- Organising mass mailings (postal and email)
- Diary management
- Will have the opportunity to fulfil a staff position in the summer expeditions
To apply please send your CV to Evie Courtnay email@example.com